Unauthorized use of my Email address for the creation of someone else's Paypal account!

SilentResidentd
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal should resolve the unauthorized use of my email address by others to create fraudulent Paypal accounts with it, or else I will take legal action against the company that owns Paypal.

I have 2 email accounts. A main and a secondary. My main account has already a Paypal account and that is how I am able to write to you here. However the problem doesn't involve the main account. It involves the secondary account which didn't had a Paypal account.

A year ago, someone (I do not know who that person is, appears to be a UK citizen) created in Paypal a fraudulent account using my secondary email address to register in it, without my consent (they don't have access to my secondary email account though - only I have access to it, thankfully)

The day they created the fraudulent account in Paypal using my secondary email address, I received Email Address Verification request in my secondary  email's inbox from Paypal but I refused to verify it since it is a fraud and was done without my consent. Therefore, that fraudulent Paypal account's email remains UNVERIFIED to this day.

However, the owner/owners of that Paypal account have been able (and are still doing) transactions frequently the past whole year. I know that because I keep receiving transaction receipts via emails from Paypal for every purchase/transaction/business they do! It appears that verification of an unverified email isn't required for using Paypal's services...

I tried to reach to Paypal Customer Support via Twitter, via Facebook, as well as via the Paypal website. In all cases, I ended up unable to find someone to talk into. Paypal technical support is non-existent using Covid Pandemic as an excuse for the unavailability of the Technical Support Agents.

I tried to get control of that account using Password Recovery option, but this option requires that I confirm the phone number of that person who is using that fraudulent account. How the heck am I supposed to know what their phone number is?

It has been one whole ****ing year and I am still struggling to unassociate my email address from that fraudulent Paypal account! This is unacceptable that Paypal for not letting me defend and protect my email address from unauthorized use like this! I am desperate and I don't know what to do anymore. I am considering filling a lawsuit against the company that owns Paypal.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.