Unauthorized transactions

SitiO
Contributor
Contributor
Dear Sirs/Madams, I am writing this email with regards to the report I made to Paypal's resolution center on two consecutive (within a minute from each other) obvious and glaringly fraudulent transactions made on my account on the 25th of May 2021. Upon receiving the email of the transactions made, I quickly called my bank , DBS Bank of Singapore, and Paypal Singapore to report these charges. All within a good ten minutes upon receiving email notifications of transactions made. Over the same period of time too, I received multiple emails from Paypal notifying me of unusual activities on my Paypal account, and my account was frozen with limited access until after the calls were made. Upon submission of unauthorized charges to Paypal, I did not receive an update within the promised 24hours. After about five calls to Paypal Singapore, three Facebook messages to PayPal's customer service on Facebook, and three days later, I received an email stating that there had not been an issue of unauthorized charges! These, despite the fact of evidences showing the opposite (I took screenshots of the followings to show your customer service via Facebook) - I received two emails showing updates of dispute amount presumably after contact with sellers which was later updated by PayPal (contacts with the presume 'sellers' that I never made, and had no traces of on my Paypal account history) dispute amounts updated from a usd1.21 to usd364, and usd2.42 to usd365. These fraudulent transactions made within a minute from each other in USD (when I am in Singapore, and one of the 'sellers'' address showing a local Singaporean address) both transactions showing partial payments for larger amounts (which showed the intention of the scammers to deduct more amounts in the future if these two transactions fell through) one of the transactions included a seller address plus a local Singaporean number, which, after a call, the automated telco company responded with the number not in use with both transactions having suspicious, unprofessional, email addresses of sellers with my PayPal history showing transactions only for two consistent small transactions in the past months - to zoom inc and PDF, except for one major transaction made to Qatar airways as I had made a purchase for a travel in March. I have never made any huge transactions on my PayPal account. With the above, it is almost ridiculous for Paypal to revert a review stating that the fraudulent charges are consistent with my transaction history! I request a reassessment of this issue, and really hope for a more in-depth, professional, responsible and favorable investigation into this matter.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Celeste

Hello @SitiO,

Thank you for your post. I am very sorry to hear you have had to experience this trouble. In this situation, it would be best to get in touch with our customer support team to review other potential options. You can do so by selecting Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page. I hope this can be reviewed again.

Take care,

- Celeste S.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.