Unauthorized transactions

Joiexv
Contributor
Contributor
Hi I have an unauthorized transaction. Someone used my debit card and spend almost 700 dollars on wish and its pending trying to stay on top of it but it says this kind of transaction cant be disputed how do I go about canceling and or disputing this so I can get my money back please and thank you
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

cpat0204
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

@Joiexv 

I hope you are doing good. Though our response times may be delayed, be assured we’re here to help. 

I know it's alarming when you see an unauthorized transaction made on your account so we encourage you to let us know right away in the Resolution CenterI attached a link for your reference : How do I report an unauthorized transaction or account activity?

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution 🙂 

Stay Safe!

Login to Me Too

Rogeneeickmeier
Contributor
Contributor
Did you see where she said she tried the resolution center right away? I too have tried the resolution center immediately after transaction was made after I disabled my card. I also got the same message saying they can't help with transactions of this type, then if you call your automated system doesnt even see pending transactions. The inability to talk to a real person is ridiculous and the security of a paypal account is almost nonexistent. Im on my second card due to unauthorized activity, my card is always on me so how are people getting my number to use it online? We trust you with thousands of dollars and we can't even report an unauthorized transaction when it occurs, what a joke!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Rogeneeickmeier 

If the payment is pending then it can't be an unauthorised transaction because the transaction hasn't actually happened yet.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Rogeneeickmeier
Contributor
Contributor
I did not authorize it and its causing money to be held for something I didn't do. Unauthorized definition is not to have permission, this charge was not asked to be held by me, not made by me and it's holding something that is mine, therefore it is unauthorized
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Rogeneeickmeier 

Maybe, but you can't file a dispute for an unauthorised payment as the payment has not been made yet, got it?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.