Unauthorized transactions not showing in my Paypal transaction history

Nattoush
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Several unauthorized transactions were made via Paypal on my bank account (confirmed by my bank as made via Paypal), but they're not showing in my Paypal transaction history so I can't block them or report them. How do I block them or get them reversed?

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Nattoush 

If you bought something online with a debit or credit card and did NOT log into your paypal account then of course it won't show on your paypal account as you bought as a 'guest buyer'.
However your seller may have processed that payment using their Paypal 'card reader' and so Paypal would show on your bank or card statement.

If that is not the case then contact customer services AND your card issuer to query the transactions.

If you need to open a dispute for a 'guest buyer' transaction then you can.......
1. Phone Paypal customer services and see if they will open one for you OR
2. Contact your card issuer for a chargeback.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Nattoush
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

Thanks a lot for your reply.

But that's the thing: I didn't buy anything online at all, either by Paypal or otherwise.

I've informed by card issuer, but Paypal customer service cannot log my complaint since no transaction isn't showing at their end (and the menu doesn't seem to provide any option for someone in my situation). I'll try to call them directly, fingers crossed.

Thanks again

Login to Me Too

Catalinarae
New Community Member
Did you figure this out? I'm having these issues too.
Login to Me Too

kdemaio38
Contributor
Contributor

Did you every get this resolved?

Login to Me Too

Nattoush
Contributor
Contributor
My bank resolved it after a long and fastidious inquiry, and canceled the transaction that was obviously fraudulent. But it took months! And sadly, Paypal didn’t even reply or get involved.
Login to Me Too

kdemaio38
Contributor
Contributor

Wow. Unfortunately I'm not that surprised - I've never had a great experience with PayPal resolving fraud charges. I'm glad your bank figured it out though! I'll keep an eye out for when the transactions show up and contact my bank. Thanks for the reply!

Login to Me Too

kdemaio38
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same issue. I received emails alerting of me of three transactions made that I didn't authorize, but they're not showing up in PayPal so I can't request to dispute them. I'm guessing it's because it just happened at 2 and 3am EST and it's 8am EST the same day right now so maybe it's delayed. It hasn't shown in bank account yet either. Trying to get ahold of customer services but chat told me they're experiencing a large chat volume so I need to call and then I called and it's a busy tone... Very annoyed.

Login to Me Too

kwms56
Contributor
Contributor

I made an online purchase using PayPal as payment source.  Several days after the initial payment of around $30 I observed in my bank statement that the same vendor had made a second charge for ninety cents.  Clearly indicates PayPal on bank statement, but it does not show up in my PayPal account.  Then a month later a third charge from the same vendor appeared in my bank account;  this time the amount was $1.14.   The vendor itself has not responded to my protests.  I brought to PayPal's attention, and they just quickly dismissed my case because they don't see these minuscule charges.  Seems to me that there is some "under-the-radar" amount that vendors can process through PayPal that don't show up in PayPal records...yet they do draft money from the bank or other funding source.

Login to Me Too

Nick202020
New Community Member

Hello everyone. This exact same thing happen to me. Just recently, On may 24th, 2020, a transaction appeared on my credit card, said MARK PAYPAL PPPL and it was charging me 604.99 USD, it was Sunday so couldn't get in touch with the bank. That happened around 5pm, then after a couple of hours another charge showed up for 1 USD. Wrote paypal and received a reply 2 days later just saying that if I had an unauthorized transaction i should go to activity and report it (but how could I do it if it is not showing on my history) Seems that they didnt even read my mail and just replied. I wrote again, and it has been 5 more days but still no reply. On the 25th I called my bank and they blocked my card and said they would investigate and let me know after a couple of weeks. I fear they might just tell me they can do nothing because i was already charged. And paypal seems to just not care at all. Phone lines are not working. If anybody knows who that MARK is, please reply. Thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.