Unauthorized transactions... leads to account going to debt collector?!?!?!?!?!

breemiller18
New Community Member

Back in September I had numerous unauthorized transactions on my paypal account.  I fell to a scam and they got my card #.  I know, dummy me.  The charges come to around $887.75.  Once I became aware I filed disputes with paypal and my bank.  Got new cards, etc.

Paypal currently has 4 of the 6 disputes still open.  The bank has closed their side indicating they were not authorized.  When my bank did that they sent something to paypal and paypal went into a self destruct mode or something and took back the credit they gave for the unauthorized charges which then put my account in negative 416.19.  I have emailed and emailed them waiting on a response and no word.  NOW today I get a bill from a debt collector for Paypal for the negative balance which I have told them on NUMEROUS occasions is not my money, it was their provisionary credit and when they took it back after the bank contacted them it put my account in negative.  Now I can't get a hold of anyone at paypal at all!!!  It keeps saying that my account is with someone else now and I need to talk to one of their representatives.  

HOW can you put my account to a debt collector when I have OPENED disputes and have emailed you NUMEROUS times about this and explained it but you have not responded??????

Anybody have any suggestions?????

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@breemiller18

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.

OR

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.