Unauthorized transactions claim denied for no reason

MokeT2021
Contributor
Contributor
My account was hacked and the person set up a PayPal key and charged over $4500.00 with it. I immediately saw it and contacted PayPal and reported it as fraud while payment was still pending. PayPal rejected it sent me an email saying they looked into it and determined the charges were not unauthorized but “consistent with my PayPal activity”. Which is obviously false bro g that I only use PayPal to send money to friends and family, never used a key before, live in the US and don’t buy things from bogus Hong Kong websites... actually nothing about it was consistent. I spent seven hours on hold with the customer service department today after calling multiple times and having multiple agents promise not to leave me on hold indefinitely. The dispute process is clearly just to stone wall the client until they give up. PayPal is not a legitimate financial institution, this is the worst customer service experience I’ve ever had.
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.