Unauthorized transactions - PayPal's less-than-helpful Customer Service

pastor99
Contributor
Contributor

I've been hacked twice in the last two weeks. PayPal's customer service has been hard to contact and not helpful at all. Does anyone know any magic words that can cut through their delays and actually talk to a person that has authority to rectify a circumstance of unauthorized payments?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@pastor99 

if you were hacked......

Click on the transaction in your paypal account and use the 'report a problem' link at the bottom to report it as unauthorised if that is what it was.

An unauthorised transaction means that your Paypal account was hacked and used without your consent.
If Paypal check IP addresses / devices etc and find that it was hacked then yes you should receive your refund.

I hope you changed your password and security questions?
I hope you ran a virus scan on your computer?
I would also be telling my card issuers and bank accounts company that the account was hacked so that they can keep an eye on your account OR remove the financial info involved until things are sorted.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

pastor99
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your answer. It's now 2-1/2 months later and it's still a mess. I still have not been able to contact a real person. I just keep getting shuttled from one online robot to the next. Yesterday they even sent me a check that I don't have coming. Indeed a progressive organization.

Login to Me Too

CorinneG
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal is too busy for customer support.  On my checking account it says Paypal but doesn't show up on my Paypal account.  Paypal says there isn't a problem.  The number given on the charge goes straight to Paypal.  Here's what it looks like on my account:  "POS Wd PAYPAL *BEYOND THE FU[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]CA."  This is a fraudulent transaction.  That telephone number goes to a recording that says PayPal.  I've alerted my bank and I'm trying to alert Paypal but to no avail.  The charge was $50.  What will be next?

Login to Me Too

pastor99
Contributor
Contributor

My experience with PayPal in regard to disputed transactions is "who knows?" They don't seem to answer messages. I cannot find a phone number to try. My problem has been going on for about three months and I never hear a thing, other than, please sign in and give us even more of your personal financial information.
Yesterday, out of the blue, they sent me a check that I don't have coming and, as far as I can tell, doesn't correspond to any of the total dollars involved in my disputed transactions.

Login to Me Too

CorinneG
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the posting.  Isn't this the way of the world?  It's not truthful.  It's not real.  It's not the way to live life.  It's a hassle.  It's a problem.  It's full of conflict and deceit.  There's a better way to the truth but the world refuses the message or can't receive it. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.