Unauthorized transaction

Ramon935
Contributor
Contributor
I was charged an unauthorized transaction on my account, I called the same day, filed a dispute, was determined that it was an unauthorized transaction, got a refund, a week later the same charge this time only on my bank account stating it as PayPal retry, but it doesn't show on the paypal account. I've called PayPal now numerous times and it seems like they don't know what they're doing, giving me explanations that don't make sense, then claiming they refunded me, and my bank account still shows the charge going thru, super frustrated, I just want the money they took out again back on my bank account..
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ramon935 

The funded payment was from your bank transfer. What PayPal do here is credit the recipient on your behalf (so there is no delay in despatching your item). Then if you receive a refund (because it was unauthorised) in the meantime they are unable to issue this until the original bank transfer completes.

So you have had a refund then the original payment went out so you are back to status quo.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.