Unauthorized transaction

MIKE540
New Community Member

I recently reported an unauthorized transaction to Paypal. A company had somehow sent a transaction through to my bank trying to withdraw $400.50 from my bank account to pay for a Paypal transaction I never made. I caught the withdrawal in a "pending" status at my bank, and stopped payment. I never bought anything from the company trying to make the withdrawal and never authorized any transaction. After the payment was stopped, the company tried to send the withdrawal through a credit card of mine. It was declined by the card company. Now, Paypal maintains my account balance is $400.50 in the negative. Today I received a normal monthly payment to my Paypal account and Paypal applied it to my negative balance. It is a fraudulent activity that started all this. I reported it through Paypal's system and opened a case to investigate. A few hours later Paypal deemed the transaction wasn't fraudulent. Why does Paypal believe the crooks and not me? I have asked an agent with Paypal to contact me so I can explain all of this because their pre-set "help" responses don't apply to me and this case. My next and only other option, besides reaching out to the community, will be legal action and contacting the Attorney General in Virginia for assistance, and he is VERY consumer-oriented. I won't let that company get away with ripping me off.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.