Unauthorized transaction

digitaldomino
Contributor
Contributor

Today an unauthorized transaction was made from my paypal, linked to a debit card to an email I don't know. I haven't used paypal in months. And have never used to it pay for things over 2 euro and all of the sudden there's a transaction with "Shipping info" attached that I know NOTHING about. Please help me, this debit card is my father's.

I've opened a dispute, sent an email and even called Paypal's American support number from Belgium. I've already changed all passwords of my emails and paypal, and even added security questions and 2-step verification.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@digitaldomino 

1) You should not link someone else's financial information to a PayPal account under your name. It can get your account flagged something awful and limited for identity verification.

2) "unauthorized transaction was made from my paypal, linked to a debit card to an email I don't know" 

So, does that mean your PayPal account has a debit card linked that is not yours and an email address added that is not yours? Was there any emails received by you saying that you added and linked a card and this email address?

3) Since you already opened a dispute, you've done all what you can do at the moment and wait for paypal's investigation to complete.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

digitaldomino
Contributor
Contributor
1) I have permission from my dad to use his debit card in the manner of using PayPal for free trials and small purchases that I then repay him, seeing as my debit card doesn't work well with PayPal 2) No, sorry for phrasing it as awkwardly as I did but the emails linked to it are both mine and I've taken steps to secure those. The money was sent from my PayPal to someone's email address, and that email address I don't recognise. What baffles me is how someone got onto my account (I have a secure password) and managed to send this money without me getting a single email that something suspicious was going on.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.