Unauthorized transaction case denied

adamomercuri
New Community Member
Yesterday 77$GPB were randomly taking out of my account, trusting Paypal I expected to get them back. As soon as it happened I received a text from paypal saying: “[PayPal] Transaction of -£77.00 GBP to WOWCHER LIMITED on January 27, 2019 is marked as suspicious. Reply “1” if authorized or “2” if not authorized. [Reply Needed]” I replied 2 knowing it was real because it was that number that sent me a verification code when I had first signed up. Later that night I went on the Paypal website and reported the transaction as “Unauthorized Transaction” again because the text message didn’t go through. Today I woke up to an email saying my case was denied because I had authorized it when I never did. Very disappointed. I work hard for my money and I want it back. especially because it was charged in 77$ GPB and in Canadian dollars that’s 140$.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

adamomercuri
New Community Member
I forgot to mention after the text message I reported it as Unauthorized Transaction again.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.