Unauthorized transaction and closing of account

eumibb
Contributor
Contributor

I received an email for an unauthorized transaction in my account followed by an email that my account has been closed. I followed the link in the email to revert the closing of my account so that I could login to cancel the unauthorized transaction but the link provided by PayPal in their email is https://www.paypal.com/ph/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_contact_us. When I followed that link, the instruction is to go to Resolution page. The problem is, to be able to proceed with the communication process, I was redirected to a login page. And I can't login because my account was closed. I tried other options but always ended up in the login page.

It is a very frustrating exercise... I really need to cancel the transaction but PayPal's contact and login pages are my biggest hurdles at the moment. Calling customer support is not an option for me. Does anybody know PayPal's email address or is there anyone here from PayPal who can help me with this? Thank you!

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

nyukiph
Contributor
Contributor

I just had this exact same experience! Were you able to resolve this issue? 

Login to Me Too

eumibb
Contributor
Contributor
I created a new account and contacted PayPal. I was able to refund the money but I closed my old account.
Login to Me Too

flaxentiger
Contributor
Contributor
Hi! I’m experiencing this right now. Were you able to get a refund? I made a new account so that I could access the resolution center.
Login to Me Too

doie
Contributor
Contributor
Hi did you resolve this issue? I was having the same issue. There was an unauthorized transaction under my account and eventually the hacker closed my account permanently. Now i can't dispute the transactions made. I created new account to email them my issue but I am not receiving any replies from them. Did they refund your money?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.