Unauthorized transaction - Deleted account - PayPal doesn't respond to messages

AlexPapanik
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

As I haven't received any answer from PayPal I'm posting here with the hope that I'll get an answer...

Two weeks ago when I woke up I had a notification on my phone about a 225€ transaction that I never did to someone called Robbe Langeler. As I tried to log in, I noticed my account was already deleted and as I couldn't log in I had to create a new from scratch with the same email. I found the email about that transaction inside gmail's recycle bin. I immediately called the bank and I made all the required actions I could(cancelling the card I was using). After I tried to contact PayPal. To their Greek site there was a warning that resolution center is under maintenance (which is still till now) so I sent a simple message through message center under the category "Report unauthorized transaction", I wrote the transaction ID from the email I had found(because in the new account I created there weren't old transactions' data) I also send PayPal a message about my deleted account and if I can restore it. But since 15th January I have just received automated messages and not a single word from them. I also sent them again on 20th of same month but nothing happened. Is that normal? I thought PayPal is a responsible company that could prevent third person's actions and at least to contact their clients... I'm really sad about that...

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi AlexPapanik,

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

You will be able to report this yourself if the account has been closed. Please reach out to us by phone, Facebook - https://www facebook.com/PayPal or Twitter - @AskPayPal and we will be happy to assist.

- Siobhan

Login to Me Too

AlexPapanik
Contributor
Contributor

Here is what I got when I try to open a dispute? How am I supposed to call?unspecified.png

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.