Unauthorized purchase

Kbh88
New Community Member

Someone made an unauthorized charge on my account today through my Chick Fil A app. As soon as I got the notification there was a charge I started calling my bank, pay pal, and chick fil a. Everyone’s response was that Paypal would be the one to help me. I just tonight got an email that my case was reviewed and they did not see any unauthorized charges. When I try to select the charge and report it through the resolution center it says that type of charge cannot be reported that way. The purchase was made in Utah and I live in NC. An order was placed to chick fil a for $99.99. I even called the restaurant in Utah when I got the notification that my order was ready and told them whoever ordered that order had stolen from me. They said there wasn’t anything I could do and to contact Paypal and they would reimburse me. Anyone ever have an experience like this, where Paypal says an unauthorized charge is not unauthorized?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @Kbh88,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum!

I am sorry to hear that there was an unauthorised payment on your PayPal account. If the case was not accepted, you should be able to appeal the decision from the 'Action' section next to the closed case in your Resolution Centre. If you cannot see this option, it may be that you cannot appeal the case. However, I would recommend reaching out to our Customer Service directly and request that the case is reviewed again. If you want to contact our Customer Service, you can click ‘Help & Contact’ at the bottom of any PayPal page to see which options are available. You can also contact us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/PayPal) or on Twitter (@AskPayPal).

I hope this helps.

Martina 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.