Unauthorized payments

MaBerd
New Community Member

Help! I was “window shopping” and looking at items in my cart, when the company sent an order through without my permission. Now I have disputed it and PayPal says it’s denied. Am I just out the money? Even worse is there are tons of other people on Instagram on the site I was looking at that say it’s a scam, they take money from people and never send the items. What can I do?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MaBerd 

Sheesh, can't even add things to carts anymore these days. Stick to the wish list if they have one.

You'll need to contact customer service to change the claim reason to item not received and request a refund and cancel the order from the merchant I they can or is willing to, that is. Or they'll just supply a tracking number and that'll be the end of it. Also after making a purchase you have to check your automatic payment settings to cancel it for future purchases with the merchant or it'll keep doing this when you add to cart and click something inadvertently to put the order through as it streamlines your checkout experience.

Personal Acct:

Go to Account Settings (gear icon) > Payments > Manage Automatic Payments

Select merchant on left, click Cancel on the right.

Business Acct:

Go to Account Settings (gear icon) > Money, banks and cards > Automatic payments > Set Automatic Payments

Click Merchant from list and select Cancel on the next page.

To contact customer service for assistance with changing the claim reason:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other available options.

Or contacting via social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MaBerd 

Sheesh, can't even add things to carts anymore these days. Stick to the wish list if they have one.

You'll need to contact customer service to change the claim reason to item not received and request a refund and cancel the order from the merchant I they can or is willing to, that is. Or they'll just supply a tracking number and that'll be the end of it. Also after making a purchase you have to check your automatic payment settings to cancel it for future purchases with the merchant or it'll keep doing this when you add to cart and click something inadvertently to put the order through as it streamlines your checkout experience.

Personal Acct:

Go to Account Settings (gear icon) > Payments > Manage Automatic Payments

Select merchant on left, click Cancel on the right.

Business Acct:

Go to Account Settings (gear icon) > Money, banks and cards > Automatic payments > Set Automatic Payments

Click Merchant from list and select Cancel on the next page.

To contact customer service for assistance with changing the claim reason:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other available options.

Or contacting via social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.