Unauthorized payment was authorized

andrejsvk00
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

few days ago one guy added me bcs he was interested at buying my game account.

But he asked me yesterday if I'd do a favor for him. He said I will get 25€ if I do it and I was so big stupid idiot that I believed him. He just sent me money and asked me to pay 150€ to g2g for some coins. I asked him why he can't do it himself. He said that he was banned bcs he didn't realize he had turned VPN on and he bought some stuff on g2g. I bought what he wanted and I was thinking that was all what he wanted....

But it wasn't. Today's morning I woke up and I logged into Gmail and I've got 2 mails about unauthorized payments from sender. And in PayPal I have balance in minus.

What am I supposed to do? I wish I could solve this problem and I will not must to pay that minused balance. Is there any chance if I will send proofs of our chat to Paypal Support, that it was not unauthorized payment?

I made a big mistage which I will never do again.

Thanks

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Rilynnsmamaxo1
Contributor
Contributor
Well services like that aren't eligible for Seller Protection anyways. But because the sender is claiming the payment was made without his permission, he will more than likely get his refund regardless of what "proofs" you submit to PayPal. And if by chance they do side with you, he can appeal or he can dispute with his credit card company and he'll get the refund that way. But of course you can and should always try providing whatever proof you have to PayPal.
Login to Me Too

andrejsvk00
Contributor
Contributor

Wel...

They closed status of case and now that it was unauthorised. Now I don't know if there's any chance to open it and give them a proof....

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.