Unauthorized payment to Facebook

Hooper-D
Contributor
Contributor

I received an email from PayPal saying that I just sent $25 to Facebook. I did not authorize this payment.
The only FB activity I've ever engaged in was a one-time $5 ad on 2016.
I went through PayPal's resolution center, and they said I did authorize the payment, and closed the case. I absolutely did not authorize this. PayPal now says the case is closed, and will not allow me to file any further complaints.
Dispute Case ID: PP-D-82344335

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Hooper-D
Contributor
Contributor

After writing this entry, I tried complaining to FB. It's an automated system that seems to just go in useless circles. But less than a day later, FB refunded my money.

Login to Me Too

thost19
Contributor
Contributor

I just had the same thing happen to me today as well. Two payments for Facebook Ads for $3.00 each. This put me into panic mode since it's coming out of my bank account. I'm trying to dispute it but Paypal won't let me. And it still says pending and my bank says it's not even showing up yet on my account. It's even weirder since my Facebook has been deactivated for two years. I reactivated it today to see if there might be signs of hacking but there was nothing. I don't even have Paypal linked to my Facebook. I honestly think that Paypal has been hacked but they are worthless in trying to get help for this. I can't understand how this has even happened. I've attempted to send Facebook a message in their ads department but I have no clue if it will even go anywhere. Once this gets straightened out I'm closing my Paypal and Facebook accounts permanently. This is BS

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.