Unauthorized payment- PayPal closed dispute incorrectly

Qwertyuiop21
Contributor
Contributor
Like many people in the last month or so as I have been reading, my Nintendo account was hacked and $108 was taken from my bank account via PayPal. Nintendo shows the account was logged in in Chile, where I clearly was not. I provided this information to PayPal via a dispute and they closed it, saying the charge was authorized. There is no place for me to escalate this dispute. Reading on the forums,many other people have had this issue and PayPal didn't uphold their protection agreement each time, despite this being an issue that has been commonly reported. There is currently no way to contact Nintendo- I tried multiple times to reach them on the phone without success. My credit union said there is nothing they can do until the transaction hits my account. This leaves PayPal with the only ability to stop the money from being withdrawn from my account and through either malice or incompetence they are unwilling to do so. How can I get this resolved? Extremely dissatisfied with PayPal.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

claycanada
New Community Member

It happens the same with me and Paypal closed dispute incorrectly as well. I'm really upset and felt insecure right now.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.