Unauthorized charges

lolale
Contributor
Contributor
I have a friend that was paying me back and helping me out with some bills while I’m going through chemo she sent it to me through PayPal I have all sorts of text messages saying I’m a PayPal you now if he paid for that don’t worry about paying me back just feel better that’s how you need to pay me back and now she has put just feeds on them it’s an authorized charges I responded to all four of them but what should be my next step because I have the messages of her giving me money saying she wanted to give it to me asking for my PayPal saying OK I sent the PayPal please don’t worry about paying me back this is all for you to get better you need to relax but now she’s filed that they were on authorized charges she obviously sent them from her phone her IP address and I have messages of her saying she wanted to send me the money advice please
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

lolale
Contributor
Contributor
Yea she sent it to me from her own device so I’m guess that would be her up address and I have text messages saying she was going to pay pal me and not to worry about paying her back that she just want to help a friend. Lots of them saying money sent.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

lolale
Contributor
Contributor
I meant unauthorized charges she filed
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lolale 

An unauthorised transaction means that an account holders Paypal account was hacked and used without their consent to send your money.
If Paypal check IP addresses etc and find in favour of the account holder then of course they are reimbursed.

However if it looks as if they did send the money then the dispute would be closed in your favour.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

lolale
Contributor
Contributor
Yea she sent it to me from her own device so I’m guess that would be her up address and I have text messages saying she was going to pay pal me and not to worry about paying her back that she just want to help a friend. Lots of them saying money sent.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.