Unauthorized charges uncovered

brenda1111
New Community Member

Someone hacked into my PayPal account, added his/her addresses, made about $4,000 purchase and shipped the items to one of the new addresses. I reported this to PayPal immediately. However, after a quick review, PayPal decided "the reported transactions were not unauthorized and hence couldn't be covered under PayPal Purchase Protection." It IS so ridiculous! If PayPal checked the ip address, it would easily find the address changes and purchases were NOT from me. If it did a basic online search of the addresses, it would find the houses owned by someone else. These unauthorized transactions were easy to find, but PayPal didn't. I feel so unsatisfied and unsecured. What PayPal did to resolve issues was to encourage more bad things. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

brenda1111
New Community Member

BTW, I tried to contact the Help Center to discuss this case, and was directed to the Resolution Center again. I was asked to select the unauthorized charges, but these charges could not be selected because they had been reported by me and my case is closed by PayPal. It seems a dead-end. I don't know what to do. Please help!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.