Unauthorized charge to my account

SkinnyPete
Contributor
Contributor

I was recently charged $275 by ticketmaster for tickets to an event that I did not authorize or purchase. I submitted the charge to the resolution center and PayPal ruled in favor of Ticketmaster without even speaking to me about the incident. How could anything be fairly determined if PayPal did not even collect information from the person opening the dispute?

I assume since this is a case of David vs. Goliath that I have no chance of getting my money back, but this does not sit well with me knowing that Ticketmaster has simply stolen my money and that PayPal seems to be ok letting them get away with it. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

SkinnyPete
Contributor
Contributor

After a secondary look at this situation Paypal has ruled in favor of Ticketmaster and charged me $275 for a purchase that I did not make. What is more troubling than getting scammed by a large corporation is that PayPal (who are supposedly looking out for my best interests) never contacted me to get any information on this fraudulent, unethical and illegal maneuver executed by Ticketmaster (Live Nation). I am not shocked that TicketMaster is attempting this as they lost over $1 Billion in Q4 of 2018 and are being sued daily by the many people and smaller companies that they attempt to bully. 

How can I get a fair shake when PayPal is now a payment method on Ticketmaster, which obviously creates a conflict of interest? Is there a way to take this to an independent arbitrator or should I prepare for outside legal action?

Login to Me Too

Sacrenta
Contributor
Contributor

Go through your bank if they charged your card, PayPal has the worst support I have ever seen.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.