Unauthorized charge on automatic payment - paypal closed the case

JeannetteCast
Contributor
Contributor

Here's what happened.

We purchased a service from a very huge company. And signed up for the automatic payments ($3.5).

Purchase was successful, then I went to sleep. After I wake up, there was another purchase made from the account, and it was charged by the same company/merchant. The merchant took the priviledge to automatically generate an invoice and automatically charge ($22.45) our paypal account.

So I opened a dispute on this certain purchase. The resolution center did not give me the option to explain or write the message. It shows me a couple of predefined sets of options and sets my report as "Unauthorized Access". Then Paypal automatically closed the case, as they say there's nn proof of the issue. Or as they say it is "not unauthorized access".

I am trying to file a case for "unauthorized charge/bill/invoice" but the resolution center did not have that option instead it auto sets as "unauthorized access".

Now the case they close and wont give me a chance to reply or re-open the case.

So I went to contact center and I am wanting to email support.

To my surprise there was no way to contact via email, even when there's a link that says "send email".

Calling Paypal? I tried that before and I was charged $200 for long distance.

I also contacted the merchant, but the merchant says they charge my account for my debts. But the invoice states that I purchased a new service.

That's why I was wanting to dispute the last purchase.

Reason: I did not make the order. Merchant automagically made the order even if I did not say so or did not initiate.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.