Unauthorized charge for itunes/apple subscription and paypal denied dispute.

cvang
Contributor
Contributor

On 4/28/2020 I got charged $21.98 through my paypal and the only information they provided was that the charge was a subscription with itunes/apple. No merchant information given. Ive download  a lot of free stuffs but know for a fact I never subscribe or buy stuffs through itunes and apple. After disputing the charge through paypal, paypal denies me stating that I also authorized the same charge back in July 2018. They suggest I double check my purchase/download history. I follow all directions on how to check my whole history and found no charge of $21.98 in anywhere. I even called and spoke to apple/Itunes and they have no record of that specific amount. So it now appears now the charge back in July 2018 is also a fraud charge too. Has this happened to anyone before? Im having a hard time getting through to paypal to speak to someone. 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

111nicole111
Contributor
Contributor
I have 3 charges from iTunes/apple, all since april. Opened a case, which was closed saying I had user agreement. Contacted apple and they can't help, said to dispute here, which I already did. I don't own any apple products nor ever used iTunes. Very frustrating.
Login to Me Too

cvang
Contributor
Contributor
I disputed twice and then got a letter in the mail stating to dispute thru the mail. So I’ve since sent in a dispute letter. I’ll update once I get an answer.
Login to Me Too

Clay1969
Contributor
Contributor
Someone stole my phone and as soon as I realized I locked and erased phone. A few months later I try to make a purchase and it was denied. I checked my acct and there were 568.00 worth iTunes charges. I disputed all of the transactions and then called iTunes and disputed the transactions. I was told by iTunes I would have a refund within 48 hours. A couple of days later I checked my account and PayPal denied the claimAnd said they were not an authorized charges. I don’t understand how iTunes can refund the money and then PayPal denied it. I cannot get in touch with a live person and every time I try to message I wait for hours and then it finally tells me messaging is not available at this time. I am sick and tired of dealing with this! I’m broke because My wife was underQuarantine for two months and I lost my Job because I was taking care of her and was also under quarantine. We have absolutely no income coming in and PayPal will not help. Any suggestions?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.