Unauthorized charge and can't report it in resolution center

GeoffroyP
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I've just been charged around 50€ by McDonald but I didn't make this transaction, and apparently I can't report an unauthorized payment in resolution center on that kind of activity, or at least it won't let me do it. I've updated my password and security questions.

What can I do to get my money back? Since I can't open a dispute with that transaction should I just call Paypal?

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Rich

Hello GeoffroyP,

Thanks for reaching out to the PayPal community for assistance. I understand how alarming unauthorized payments can be and I'm sorry that happened. It is odd that you are unable to file an unauthorized transaction claim. Was this payment made with a PayPal card product?

If so, I would recommend calling the number on the back of the card to report the activity. You can also cancel the card in your account to prevent any further transactions from taking place. Here is information on how to cancel the PayPal Business Debit MasterCard, which would be similar to other card products: https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/How-do-I-report-a-stolen-PayPal-Business-Debit-MasterCar...

- PayPal_Rich

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters always point in the right direction.
- Irish Proverb
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.