Unauthorized access

jayebird31
Contributor
Contributor

How can I speak to a real liov customer service rep?  I have had an unauthorized transfer out of my paypal cash plus account.  I received emails from Paypal in Spanish a few days ago but did not see them right away.  When I did recognize this I then tried to log into my account but the password had been changed and a phone number has been added.  After changing the password again I found that the funds in my account had been transferred to a visa card.  There is no information to who it is transferred to.  I tried the resolution center but after about an hour i received this message:

Thank you for reporting this case.  After reviewing your case, we found that this transaction was not unauthorized and hence couldn't be covered under PayPal Purchase Protection. 

I have been trying unsuccessfully since last night to contact customer support but I keep getting the message that they are unable to help with this matter over the phone.  What is going on?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

CDAVIS23
Contributor
Contributor

Have you had any resolution or help from PAYPAL? I just had $1000 stolen from my checking account and it's pending deposit into my PayPal account and I know the hackers are waiting to swipe it out. The hacker changed the phone numbers on my account to his (VU NGUYE[Removed. Phone #s not permitted] AND changed my personal account to a business account. The money has already left my bank account and is in limbo. I cannot get anyone to help me at PayPal and I'm at a loss on how to stop them from taking this money once it hits. I have changed all my passwords, added double authentication, tried to put all the stops in place but I cannot even delete the bank account info or freeze anything because it says "there is a transaction in process" WHICH I DID NOT AUTHORIZE AND THAT IS FRAUD!!! This is unreal!!!!! I am so sorry you are having the same issue!

Login to Me Too

jayebird31
Contributor
Contributor

I finally did get a response through the message center but not on the phone.  Resolution says that it is protected by Paypal but I have not seen the money back in  my account yet.  Woke up today to see that a phone number that was added to my account during this unauthorized access and that I deleted 3 days ago was added again.  I just want my money back to I can delete this paypal acccount.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.