cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unauthorized Uber Payment?

SOLVED
Contributor

Unauthorized Uber Payment?

I got an e-mail saying I sent a payment to Uber. It's just a small $5 charge but I 100% didn't user Uber this week, nor any family members. Is this worrisome?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Unauthorized Uber Payment?

Hi @nerris121,

Thanks for providing that information, @sharpiemarker! Great work. 🙂

In addition to the information above, you should definitely change your password and security questions. If you see the transaction in your PayPal account, make sure to follow @sharpiemarker's advice and report the transaction as unauthorized so that we can investigate the charge.

If you don’t see the transaction in your PayPal account, you’ll need to contact us by phone or email, or reach us on Facebook or Twitter, so that we can identify the transaction in our system and take appropriate action. Hopefully the issue is resolved soon!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
Esteemed Advisor

Make sure the sender email address is authentic. Do you have an Uber account? Contact Uber about why you have this charge? You can also file an unauthorized transaction on the transaction in PayPal. Click “report a problem” in the transaction details.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

Hi @nerris121,

Thanks for providing that information, @sharpiemarker! Great work. 🙂

In addition to the information above, you should definitely change your password and security questions. If you see the transaction in your PayPal account, make sure to follow @sharpiemarker's advice and report the transaction as unauthorized so that we can investigate the charge.

If you don’t see the transaction in your PayPal account, you’ll need to contact us by phone or email, or reach us on Facebook or Twitter, so that we can identify the transaction in our system and take appropriate action. Hopefully the issue is resolved soon!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Contributor

I posted this months ago with zero help, and all of a sudden it blows up six months later?

Contributor

This same thing has happened to me multiple times. Yesterday I had 2 charges to Uber for $20 and $6 with no activity on my Uber account since November. When I reported it they got back to me and told me there was no unauthorized use, as if I was asking whether or not there had been unauthorized use. This is beyond frustrating. I'm going to try reporting it to Uber but I doubt they'll be any help either. Would really just like someone to acknowledge that there is a problem here 🙂
Contributor

OMG! Someone just made a charge for $25 and $75 in my Paypal account today, appears as an Uber charge.
@PayPal_AshleyM please crack this down!! I feel violated, so scary!

New Community Member

Same! I just got charged for two charges when there is no activity on my Uber account. I went ahead and contacted PayPal support and filed it as an unauthorized charge. I will be contacting my bank as well. This is unbelievable. Please help. Someone high in PayPal needs to talk to Uber about this.
Contributor

I tried to sign into my PayPal and the password didn’t work so I changed it and seen a payment for £19 for Uber yet Iv not got a Uber account wtf is going on here
Contributor

same here, they told me to get in contact with the bank. after i told them i already have i they basically just told me that it isn't their problem and and to contact uber. to bad i have never even used uber and the payment was made in the uk while i live in norway.

The same thing happened to me! I had an Uber charge if $4 than one for $38!!! This seems to be a ongoing problem! I will be deleting all my bank info from PayPal as soon as this is handled! As of now it will not allow me to delete my bank info d/t these pending charges!!!