Unauthorized Uber Payment?

nerris121
Contributor
Contributor

I got an e-mail saying I sent a payment to Uber. It's just a small $5 charge but I 100% didn't user Uber this week, nor any family members. Is this worrisome?

Login to Me Too
36 REPLIES 36

ny10016
Contributor
Contributor

OMG! Someone just made a charge for $25 and $75 in my Paypal account today, appears as an Uber charge.
@PayPal_AshleyM please crack this down!! I feel violated, so scary!

Login to Me Too

Jonathangrant
New Community Member
Same! I just got charged for two charges when there is no activity on my Uber account. I went ahead and contacted PayPal support and filed it as an unauthorized charge. I will be contacting my bank as well. This is unbelievable. Please help. Someone high in PayPal needs to talk to Uber about this.
Login to Me Too

LittyTwo50z
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing just happened to me. I’m not understanding why there’s no activity shown on the Uber side of things. Leads me to think it’s inside fraud carried out by an Uber employee(s)
Login to Me Too

Alex1235
Contributor
Contributor
I tried to sign into my PayPal and the password didn’t work so I changed it and seen a payment for £19 for Uber yet Iv not got a Uber account wtf is going on here
Login to Me Too

Emmameadow
Contributor
Contributor
I'm the same charged 19.41 I was sat in the house all night not used uber for years as I was over charged.. Paypal did nothing said it was authorised. Called uber spoke to a rude person said they would get back to me.. Never heard from them since.. How many people is this happening too there making a killing!!
Login to Me Too

pawsce
Contributor
Contributor

same here, they told me to get in contact with the bank. after i told them i already have i they basically just told me that it isn't their problem and and to contact uber. to bad i have never even used uber and the payment was made in the uk while i live in norway.

Login to Me Too

Opdigity
The same thing happened to me! I had an Uber charge if $4 than one for $38!!! This seems to be a ongoing problem! I will be deleting all my bank info from PayPal as soon as this is handled! As of now it will not allow me to delete my bank info d/t these pending charges!!!
Login to Me Too

Degine

Same happened to me. I thought PayPal would help but all they did was say i had agreed to it and there was no unauthorized activity... like yeah we agreed to pay for the rides we take not the ones that don’t even show in our Uber account! Smh I read Uber helped someone else tho so we’ll see 🤷🏻‍♀️

Login to Me Too

Mad123
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing happened to me with same result. No help from PayPal.
Login to Me Too

EmmaTooes
Contributor
Contributor
I just had this too! 2 unauthorised charges totalling $347. I have never even used Uber before.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.