Unauthorized Transactions

KatherineQT95
Here is the deal, the father of my child agreed to pay $200 in "child support" for our 6 year old daughter. I was super happy because this would be the first time ever that he helped out in 6 years. He said he would send the money over paypal, little did I know I would soon regret this. A few months go by and he sends increments here and there with little notes attached saying things like "for baby girl" or "help with the car". Next thing I know boom my PayPal is negative -1,000 and I'm freaking out. Come to find out he said he didn't authorize any of the transactions. Then he told me he didn't know what I was talking about. I'm thinking of course they will see that he is the fraudulent one. So then it gets investigated for a time and they end up being in his favor while I'm stuck with PayPal saying if I want to bring my account out of the negatives then add money. Um I don't have that much money and it was for our daughter. Why doesn't PayPal protect people like me? I had no idea I would get blindsided like this.
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.