Unauthorized Transaction

varram
Contributor
Contributor

Hello!

One of my buyer purchased our product Sep. 2nd and some day in Oct. she claimed to her bank that the transaction was unauthorized. 

Paypal emailed me Oct 26th whether there could be any proof for that transaction. However I did not noticed at that time. And I have nothing but Paypal records. On Nov. 5th Paypal emailed another and says that dispute is going on and have to wait. Today finally get a email that customer's bank decided that they canceled that transaction and Paypal no longer have any action but refund. As I checked our this customer's transaction, she called our customer support Oct. 31st and ordered tires of the robot. She explains that her dog breaks tire. She did not returned our product and even though having new tires and enjoying. Is there any way of reopen a claim with a new evidence that she purchase our accessory? Is there any way of preventing this kind of freud? Thanks. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi varram, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

Were you eligible for Seller Protection on this transaction? You can check this by viewing the details of the transaction in your PayPal account. If you were eligible for Seller Protection, did you provide valid tracking information confirming you posted the item to the address provided to you by PayPal? 

- Siobhan 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi varram, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

Were you eligible for Seller Protection on this transaction? You can check this by viewing the details of the transaction in your PayPal account. If you were eligible for Seller Protection, did you provide valid tracking information confirming you posted the item to the address provided to you by PayPal? 

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

varram
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Randy

@varram,

PayPal Seller Protection covers you in the event of claims, chargebacks, or reversals that are a result of unauthorized purchases or items your buyer didn’t receive.  If the transaction is not eligible for coverage under Seller Protection, PayPal will debit the amount of the reversed transaction and the chargeback fee from your PayPal account.

- Randy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.