Unauthorized Transaction

jasminebsd1
My mom’s debit card has charges from Paypal. No one in the family is using her debit card in Paypal. She also doesn’t have Paypal acc. Now how can we file for dispute if we don’t have evidences from Paypal? All we have is the statement of account from the bank that has all the paypal charges.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Teslafan101
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

you need to report this to your bank.

Does your mom use a smart phone,does she do online banking?

if so,check her security software

Login to Me Too

Teslafan101
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

scammers are known to submit charges with reference which make you think it is coming from Paypal,like paypal bla bl bla  ,the bank would be able to find out where it is coming from

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jasminebsd1 

If you bought something online with a debit or credit card and did NOT log into your paypal account then of course it won't show on your paypal account as you bought as a 'guest buyer'.
However your seller may have processed that payment using their Paypal 'card reader' and so Paypal would show on your bank or card statement.

If that is not the case then contact customer services AND your card issuer to query the transactions.

If you need to open a dispute for a 'guest buyer' transaction then you can.......
1. Phone Paypal customer services and see if they will open one for you OR
2. Contact your card issuer for a chargeback.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.