Unauthorized Transaction from 2 weeks ago

JMF113
Contributor
Contributor

How do I report an unauthorized transaction that paypal won't give me an option to report? Someone hacked my paypal and made an unauthorized transaction 2 weeks ago that took money out of my bank account ($1,000) and in put it in my paypal account from which they made another transaction and put in their own account. They actually tried to do it this week but I was able to catch it in time to reverse the transaction and change my password. When I try to report this, paypal doesn't let me. It will only let me report transactions within the last week. Can't call them, because no one is there. The website is no help nor is their messaging service.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

JMF113
Contributor
Contributor

If it's pending to go into your paypal account, you can just wait till it gets in there and just send it back to your bank account. Make sure you change your password and update your security before then so whoever hacked your account can't get in and send it to their account. Paypal should also give you and option to dispute it since it's fairly recent.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Together7
New Community Member
I just had this happen to me. How did you reverse the transaction. Right now it is pending and I can't get anyone to help me stop it.
Login to Me Too
Solved

JMF113
Contributor
Contributor

If it's pending to go into your paypal account, you can just wait till it gets in there and just send it back to your bank account. Make sure you change your password and update your security before then so whoever hacked your account can't get in and send it to their account. Paypal should also give you and option to dispute it since it's fairly recent.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.