Unauthorized Purchase and Scam

zacharyroberts2
New Community Member

Hello everyone, 

I was online and was comparing costs of toilet paper, and this website automatically took my paypal information and purchased toilet paper from china? I immediately disputed the case and was denied? I looked into the website (home-goods.shop) and its definitely a scam, you can see from a google search or facebook reviews.  I don't understand why I can't get my money back. It wasn't on a card, its on my connected bank account which gets rid of chargeback.  My bank says they can try a dispute through them but if PayPal denied it, it will be hard to do. My main concern is the lack of security if I am browsing for an item and they can just take my saved PayPal information and pay for it just like that.  Anybody have any ideas? PayPal hasn't been able to be contacted because of COVID-19 and here I am in uncertain times out 30 bucks for something I DIDNT EVEN BUY.  

Thanks and let me know, 

Zach Roberts 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Maengles
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @zacharyroberts2  Sorry to hear that you have to deal with this. You might want to check your account for any subscription. I so understand that all we know is we are just browsing the web unaware that these type of sellers got our information and has placed it through recurring payments. You may have that cancelled. 

To check or cancel your pre-approved billing agreements:

1. Go to Maengles_0-1586268931012.png

Settings.
  2. Click Payments.
  3. Click Manage pre-approved payments.
  4. Select the merchant's name or email address.
  5. Click Cancel.

Hope that helps. Thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.