Unauthorized Paypal INST XFER

lenissarah
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I just logged on to my bank account and in the
transactions I see "PAYPAL INST XFER WEB ID: TEARCATCHER -$5.32"
I DID NOT authorized these payments. I am trying to dispute the transaction online through PAYPAL but I cannot seem to find the transaction ID. Help please!

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lenissarah

If you bought something online with a debit card and did NOT log into your paypal account then of course it won't show on your paypal account as you bought as a 'guest buyer'.
However your seller may have processed that payment using their Paypal 'card reader' and so Paypal would show on your bank or card statement.

If that is not the case then contact customer services AND your card issuer to query the transactions.

If you need to open a dispute for a 'guest buyer' transaction then you can.......
1. Phone Paypal customer services and see if they will open one for you OR
2. Contact your card issuer for a chargeback.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Jovandevanter
Contributor
Contributor

I have been trying to get the $9,494.07 back from PayPal since I discovered the Unauthorized PAYPAL INST XFER WEB ID: PAYPALS177 withdrawals from my checking account.  This is the total from 28 transactions beginning October 1, 2018 to January 25, 2019.  January 28, 2019 PayPal confirmed each fraudulent transaction and has recovered the money from the thief.  PayPal says the bank has to provide an ACH Return Request.  The bank is not allowed to submit this request because the Federal Regulation E has a 60-day limitation.  PayPal refuses to pay us back even though they have proof from the bank of our ownership of the checking account.  I am seeking any assistance to help me recover these funds.

Login to Me Too

kjjohn5
New Community Member

@Jovandevanter - Do you have an update on this? I'm literally going through the exact same thing just a year later than you. Just discovered 3 days ago, I've had withdrawals of $7,750.96 from my checking account between 10/21/19-1/21/20. My bank is saying that they can only cover the 60 days from the first transaction, leaving the bulk ($6,220) uncovered. I just got off the phone with PayPal and they're investigating. Hopefully, they can help recover the lost amount that the bank is claiming to not be obligated to. I hope it worked out for you!

Login to Me Too

PJerrissa
New Community Member
Yea i just found out today. 2.00 took away from me. Even if it is small. I'm wondering why. I just got my bank card smh
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Donna

Hello PJerrissa,

Welcome to the PayPal community and thank you for your post.

As your question is very account specific, I would advise you to contact our customer care department who can help you further. You can do this by clicking on the Help and Contact link at the bottom of every PayPal page to check what your contact options are. You can also contact us via our Facebook Page or Twitter @askPayPal.

-Donna

Login to Me Too

melyssaross
New Community Member

SAME thing just happened to me for $91

I can not find this transaction on my paypal history but it is  on my bank account statement! What is going on???

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.