Unauthorized Money Sent, Refunded, I'm still getting charged the fees?

cbateman91
New Community Member

Ok bare with me; today my bank alerted me my account was overdrawn by almost $1000 thru my paypal. I log on, see $1500 (+ $43 in sending fees) has been sent from me to some random account THEN the $1500 has been refunded to me (- the $43 in fees again!)

I changed all my password info and such, so that my account is secure again, but Paypal wont process the claim apparently bc the 'seller' issued a refund already.

But between the two $43+ fees for sending/ receiving my own money I am out almost $100 ???? 
And now I will have to link my bank account to my paypal just to be able to put that money back into my checking account vs it floating around here on PP.

Anyone else ever have this happen and were able to get the processing fee money refunded to you as well? Since I did not authorize the payment to begin with? 

I have tried getting in contact with a PERSON to talk to via calling their number but I just keep ending up in running around in a circle with the automated responses.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.