Unauthorized Domino's charge. Paypal won't allow me to file a dispute.

Pepog
New Community Member

I received an email that I was charge by Domino's today, despite the fact that the last time I ordered Domino's was 3 days ago, to which Paypal already informed me I was charged for.

I tried to file a dispute through the resolution center, but it said that I can't do anything about this type of transaction. 

I tried the chat system, but it sends me to the resolution center.

While I wait until their phone lines open again, does anyone have any advice on how to resolve this? This seems unnecessarily difficult for this type of situation.

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Pepog 

Double check your PayPal account activity and your funding source because there could be a delayed processing or capturing of payment by the merchant. For example, a temporary authorization was initiated and the merchant captures/settles the payment a up to few days later. But if there are two transactions with differing amounts, contact Dominos support to let them know and ask them to issue a refund.

Then you can cancel the billing agreement in your PayPal profile with Dominos so it won't happen again:

Personal Acct:

Go to Settings (gear icon) > Payments > Manage Automatic Payments

Select merchant on left, click Cancel on the right.

Business Acct:

Go to Account Settings (gear icon) > Money, banks and cards > Automatic payments > Set Automatic Payments

Click Merchant from list and edit payment method or cancel on the next page.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

amysmith08
New Community Member

I am having the same exact problem with Dominos. But mine is a fraudulent charge (my last Dominos purchase was over a month ago with a different $$). Due to not being able to dispute, or freeze my account from further fraud i am closing my paypal account immediately. 

Login to Me Too

CyberKitten626
New Community Member
I was just made aware of an unauthorized charge for a similar amount that I made 2 days ago with Dominos. I’m about to crack some skulls. How does this even happen? I already went ahead an removed them from automatic payments.
Login to Me Too

Allynrickards
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing happened to me last night for 45$. I ordered 3 days ago and that already came out for 35$.I think someone high up in dominoes is scamming
Login to Me Too

Piemanding
New Community Member

Just found out what is happening with Dominos charging twice. Turns out the tip is billed a few days after the order and Dominos is just updating the original charge. It is not a whole new payment that they request. Dominos should really make it more clear since a second charge can really scare a lot of people.

Login to Me Too

ajnuat22
New Community Member

My bank shows it is a whole new charge. Now in fact 2 weeks later, they are charging for the same amount AGAIN. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.