Unauthorized Charges

frank501
New Community Member

Two weeks ago, I was the victim of an unauthorized charge.  Fortunately, the culprit was greedy and tried to get $4000.00 from my account.  Because I didn't have that much in my account, PayPal depleted my resources and sent the balance to my credit card.  I was lucky, my credit card bank knew that something was wrong, and didn't pay the balance.  After a bit of a battle, PayPal returned my balance.  I then had my computer checked for viruses, was issued a new credit card (new number) and changed my password.  I also decided to monitor my account on a daily basis.  Last week, I found a new unauthorized charge for 200 Euros (about $250.00).  I immediately contacted PayPal.  They told me that they had noticed it and tried to email me, and phone me with no success.  I checked my computer including SPAM and my phones, and no messages had been received.  I opened an unauthorized use complaint.  The investigation was quickly denied as not being unauthorized.  I filed an appeal with the same results.  I phoned PayPal to see if the the appeal could be denied, and I was politely told that I was out the cash. . .case closed.  This all happened in the course of 4 days.  I've been with PayPal for 11 years, joining when I got active in eBay.  Both eBay and PayPal made a lot of money off of me, and now I was treated like I didn't exist.  Long story short, my days of making money for PayPal and eBay are over.  The bottom line is: Watch PayPal, because when you need them, they won't be there.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Lisa

Hi @frank501,

Thank you for reaching out to us and I apologize for your recent experience. Please reach out to us on Facebook or Twitter at @askpaypal.com. They will be happy to take another look into this.

-Lisa

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.