Unauthorized Charge made from Paddle.com - Filed a dispute and it was denied??

gpor2001
Contributor
Contributor

I received an unauthorized charge on my account the other day for $199.99. It came from Paddle.com and was for some software called CleanMyMac X (which I never purchased). I filed a dispute saying it was an unauthorized charge. It was denied in less than 24 hours stating that it "was not an unauthorized charge." What the heck? It absolutely was unauthorized and now I have no other way of contacting Paypal. I've also contacted the merchants with no luck. Id like to get my $200 back, please! Thanks. 

Login to Me Too
132 REPLIES 132

lilymarie88
I also received an unauthorized charge from Paddle.com today for $10 subscription. I’ve never signed up for this service
Login to Me Too

Nelebron
Contributor
Contributor
Just found an unauthorized charge from Paddle.com for $19.99. How do I dispute it on Paypal?
Login to Me Too

gipik

I have been charged to on 21 february 2021 for 12.50 euro from paddle.com.

Paypal says that refunds have to be asked directly to paddle.com, that i never heard before, and I don't know how to ask for a refund.

Paypal cannot tell how is possible that so many people have been scammed and, more bad, how all these unauthorized transactions have be done.

These conditions leave us in a very uncertain situation.

How can we be sure this scam will not happen again ? Have to check the paypal balance every day ?

I have tried to ask a refund to paddle.com: there is an idiotic bot that cannot help and said that i will contacted from a team member.

I will wait for news from paddle.com and let you know.

Login to Me Too

TheRealJesus_27
New Community Member
I think it's the address that gets payed if you buy a nordvpn supscription
Login to Me Too

Temp20220917c

I am now having problems with this company it's a scam I paid for one month of software not received anything from this company and it is really worrying me because all I am hearing from people about this company they are taking money out of their account authorization and PayPal letting them do this so somewhere in time I will expect this company to be taking more money from me with the help of PayPal letting this fake scam company commit these crimes, they're **bleep**.

Login to Me Too

egrosic
Contributor
Contributor

Thisi is automaticali chargne after paying 2,59 $ , they automaticly swiching to premium plan. And this is not right because, lot of people has forgoten to cancel this. And it was not on reminder. For me this is fraud.

Login to Me Too

PirateSlayer
Contributor
Contributor

Scroll to the bottom of the Paddle webpage. You should find a link where you can ask for a refund. You don't even have to talk to a person. You will get your refund quickly.

Login to Me Too

egrosic
Contributor
Contributor

I contacted paddle.com "Kino" bot. But this message bot didnt help me . At the end they take my e-mail and will contact me. Will see what hapened. Paypal dispute also didnte heleped. Im contacted Resume.io and they also didn't replay on may e-mail and dispute.

Thank you for your answer and help.

Login to Me Too

egrosic
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you @PirateSlayer  .

But chating with Paddle.com mesage chating bot didnt help. At the end they take may e.mail and now Im waiting for ansver. Paypal dispute also didnt help. But problem is with Resume.io. I paid 2.95 dolar for 7 days probe and it is ok. But after 7 days they switshed automaticali on premium subscription without any notice. I forgoten on this site after just one day. Because they have some templetes for vriting CV resume. Problem is automatic switch to premium subscription after 7 days without notice. They just charget this amount.

Login to Me Too

MisterTony
Contributor
Contributor

These people must have a fine print agreement where they commit you to future payments. I disputed a charge and Paypal said it was authorized for Clean My Mac which I used only one time, maybe that was my fault for not combing the agreement well enough. Then right after that charge, they took some more money from my Paypal for something I never remember downloading or using, Gemini 2 - 1 Year. This company is a real rip-off. I finally went to my account preferences, then payment preferences update, then Block payments, then checked Pay with eCheck. This should stop all payments to all websites except eBay. This is a drastic step but it may stop companies like Paddle.com. Another thing I did was that I called Paypal about the problem and they said they can stop any further payments to this company.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.