Unauthorized Charge made from Paddle.com - Filed a dispute and it was denied??

gpor2001
Contributor
Contributor

I received an unauthorized charge on my account the other day for $199.99. It came from Paddle.com and was for some software called CleanMyMac X (which I never purchased). I filed a dispute saying it was an unauthorized charge. It was denied in less than 24 hours stating that it "was not an unauthorized charge." What the heck? It absolutely was unauthorized and now I have no other way of contacting Paypal. I've also contacted the merchants with no luck. Id like to get my $200 back, please! Thanks. 

Login to Me Too
132 REPLIES 132

Matesq
New Community Member

Have been billing me for months without my knowledge; never saw on Acct until I explored Acct.

Login to Me Too

PirateSlayer
Contributor
Contributor

Check to see whether the charge was from Paddle.COM or Paddle.NET (caps for emphasis). If it was from Paddle.NET, go to the website and chat with the bot in the lower righthand corner. Getting a refund is quick and easy.

Login to Me Too

Frootythora
Contributor
Contributor

I just discovered it as I complete my tax return. It was charged back in November 2019 for £25.85 and I did not see it. I have never even heard of this company. Has anyone succeeded in getting PayPal to refund or take on battle? 

Login to Me Too

ShanLin1973
Contributor
Contributor

I just noticed a charge for 29.95.  I disputed it last night, and overnight Paypal has denied my dispute.  I can't honestly remember buying anything but the least Paypal could do is actually investigate it and come back and say "It was for (insert product or service)." so I'd have half a chance to maybe remember IF I bought something.  Or the charge should be Paddle.com on behalf of (Company Name) so we know where the money is going!!  

Login to Me Too

CCmamabear
Me too. Date 1/12/2021. I don’t even know what paddle is
Login to Me Too

yihong31
Contributor
Contributor

That paddle.com market limited also charged me 150 USD without my permission. I did not even know what that company was. What is even more absurd is that somebody closed my account without my permission after paddle.com charged me 150 USD. So, there is no record for transaction on 150 USD. I just received email notification for it. It is totally ridiculous. How did somebody have access to my account and charged me without my permission ? I finally succeeded in contacting PayPal. All they said is that they were going to investigate it. I just found out that so many people already suffered this ridiculous thing. But, I can not believe that PayPal has done nothing about it.

Login to Me Too

Mo1991
Contributor
Contributor

i just found that i got charged 70.21$ from the same website, Paddle, and i don't know anything about that Payment, how can file a dispute?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Jae

Hi @Mo1991,

Here are instructions from our Help Center on how to file an unauthorized report through the PayPal Resolution Center. We hope this helps!

- Jae

Login to Me Too

NH_Jacobi

@PayPal_Jae 

Hey, guess what?

I did! And you denied the claim, and there is no way to contact you again or dispute your unexplained decision. Seriously-if I claim someone stole $250 from me and you say they didn't, at least tell me the basis for your decision about MY MONEY.

Also, this vendor DOESN'T ANSWER EMAILS.

I ended up having to go through their client list on their website to figure out what this charge is about (wrote the end-vendor about it since THEY actually care about their users, unlike some *not subtle hint*).

Login to Me Too

wlazlo793
Paddle.com took 13 euro pęd mounth from my accout and i don’t know who IT is... after 4 mounth i get information from paypal about some payment, ofc i canceled this and cancel my bank card from paypal to make sure, but paypal. I want the money back
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.