Unauthorized Charge made from Paddle.com - Filed a dispute and it was denied??

gpor2001
Contributor
Contributor

I received an unauthorized charge on my account the other day for $199.99. It came from Paddle.com and was for some software called CleanMyMac X (which I never purchased). I filed a dispute saying it was an unauthorized charge. It was denied in less than 24 hours stating that it "was not an unauthorized charge." What the heck? It absolutely was unauthorized and now I have no other way of contacting Paypal. I've also contacted the merchants with no luck. Id like to get my $200 back, please! Thanks. 

Login to Me Too
132 REPLIES 132

Harley57
Contributor
Contributor
Me to I never gave permission for the withdraws I don’t even know who or what they are .!?? PayPal is no help they just deny the transaction..! No protection what so ever..! I’m done with PayPal ... hopefully eBay sellers will also start excepting more different payments besides PayPal I’m disgusted with paddle and PayPal both at this point.
Login to Me Too

Temp20201223d

I made a small transaction for the 'Drill' USB stick recovery programme  through paddle.com via my PayPal account.

I purchased a 'one off' programme, (which cost just over £29.00), to recover data from one corrupted memory stick. It proved to be useless, and I deleted the software from my computer.

Some days later, on the 3rd of November 2020, my bank statement showed, that paddle.com had taken £106.68 from my account.

I contacted PayPal and they said I had authorised the transaction, (the transaction I made was not for that amount).

I asked for an initial refund, of £76.69, (the difference between the £29.99, which I did authorise, and £106.68 they billed me for). I received no response to my request.

I found out this morning that paddle.com had also placed a monthly Direct Debit onto my bank account, (again without my consent), and taken a further amount of £19.94, from the account on the 24th November 2020.

Paypal Resolution Centre has said I did authorise the transaction and have refused to look at the matter again, saying the case is closed!

The company paddle.com won't communicate, or give a refund, all I can do is say don't buy from paddle.com, and be cautious about using PayPal for your transactions.

Login to Me Too

HCDougherty
Contributor
Contributor
I filed a claim on all 3 months of charges that I never authorized. They insist I did. And refused to grant refunds. So much for buyer protection. If my bank hadn’t alerted me that they detected fraud, I’d still be the idiot paying them.
Login to Me Too

Harley57
Contributor
Contributor
Me to your not the only one..! I’m disgusted with paddle and PayPal..!
Login to Me Too

Zainal83

It happened the same to me! On November 13th I got an automatic payment of $ 77. How can this happen whereas I never subscribed or bought on the site paddle.com.

How can I get my money back.

Login to Me Too

finsss888
Contributor
Contributor

same... for some reason i got charged from this company... It seems its not just me and some how paypal always win them?..

Login to Me Too

moneyorelse

Beware this company and all its applications including ComboCleaner. They promise a 30-day money-back guarantee but no one has received it as far as I can tell. I am currently in a dispute with them. They also lied about their price and I got charged wayyy more, and only offer 6-month minimum subscription. Very evil

Login to Me Too

MonDahab

Me too and I emailed Paddle.com and no replies. I am getting ready to send an email to the better business bureau because I did not authorize the charge, and I have not been using their services. I am in awe that Paypal is not doing anything with this recurring charge, Incredibly fishy, 

Nonetheless, I will also set a complaint about paypal for not protecting my account and charging unauthorized vendors

Login to Me Too

Fredrikmm93
Contributor
Contributor
Exactly same thing happened to me. And the anser from PayPal was really suprising to me. Is it Even safe to use PayPal anymore?
Login to Me Too

marysatt
New Community Member

I did, too, but I fought it and got a full refund after they gave me the runaround.  It was the same voice on the phone for a scam I got a few years ago.  Gotta watch out for the scammers.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.