Unauthorized Charge made from Paddle.com - Filed a dispute and it was denied??

gpor2001
Contributor
Contributor

I received an unauthorized charge on my account the other day for $199.99. It came from Paddle.com and was for some software called CleanMyMac X (which I never purchased). I filed a dispute saying it was an unauthorized charge. It was denied in less than 24 hours stating that it "was not an unauthorized charge." What the heck? It absolutely was unauthorized and now I have no other way of contacting Paypal. I've also contacted the merchants with no luck. Id like to get my $200 back, please! Thanks. 

Login to Me Too
132 REPLIES 132

Sarthakwer
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I was robbed off $200 by the same merchant today. The strange part is, I recently joined Paypal and I am absolutely certain no merchant or person knows about my paypal account. I have not used it at all. How did Paddle.com get access to my Paypal account? Morever, they tried charging my paypal linked Monzo card for another $500 which was denied by Monzo. I am very furious. Paypal is not taking any ownership or providing any help. More than 150 people have been impacted already. How do I escalate this, any idea?

Login to Me Too

BKKsalmon
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same thing happen to me in August, but when I checked the dates and amounts, I realized that Paddle.com is just a third party that processes payments. I had paid for an annual subscription to a language learning app (Drops), and my invoice from Drops tells me clearly that the payment would come under the name Paddle.com in my statement. 

2020-10-19.png

Login to Me Too

Harley57
Contributor
Contributor
I revived 2 unauthorized charge twice in November 29.33 and 29.00 also just notice going back the charged me 29.33 August 12th. I do not know who paddle.com is?? I have not ordered anything from them ?
Login to Me Too

BHAMDOC1
Contributor
Contributor

I was in the same boat, PayPal did nothing to protect me when I filed a dispute. I was gonna dispute it via my credit card but I instead emailed paddle.com and they immediately answered. Told them I never signed up for it and they immediately refunded me. Hoope this helps.

Login to Me Too

HCDougherty
Contributor
Contributor
SAME. PayPal alerted me that there was suspicious activity on my account, and to change my password. After I did, I noticed THREE charges from paddle.com so I immediately reported it and requested a refund. They denied me and said it was “authorized charges”. No, it wasn’t. And THEY ALERTED ME THEMSELVES. This is all highly suspicious.
Login to Me Too

waya47
Contributor
Contributor

I also had a charge from them    it said it was for my yearly membership ????     I have no idea who or what this company is.   I get no where contacting them 

Login to Me Too

HCDougherty
Contributor
Contributor
The company looks extremely suspicious to me. I have never heard of it. And I definitely didn’t sign up for an auto draft using my PayPal account. They took 19.99 from me for 3 months in a row. My BANK caught it and flagged it as fraudulent. But PayPal defends them and says I authorized it? They’re splitting our stolen money.
Login to Me Too

Darkness101
Contributor
Contributor
Paddle manage payments for NordVPN as well. Look at the purchase details for the payment, the third party may be listed there. Paddle must manage payments for many companies, they are not scammers. I would say to all you guys, you either have signed up for a subscription with a third party and didn't realize or you have forgotten about. Ask paddle directly who the payment went to if you can't work it out.
Login to Me Too

rickcarufel
Contributor
Contributor

Do not presume to defend a company that is literally stealing money from people's accounts.  No one needs or wants a money grabber service on the consumer end of their scheme.  Clearly anyone who defends them is a plant who actually works for them and is doing damage control.

Login to Me Too

cinglestar
Contributor
Contributor

I'm also going to stop using Paypal to pay for any services as they don't seem to take an interest in protecting the consumer like the credit card companies do.   Paypal should have the ability to get specific credentials about those businesses utilizing their pay platform to be able to clawback fraudulent transactions.  I have now had 2 in a matter of months.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.