Unauthorized Charge made from Paddle.com - Filed a dispute and it was denied??

gpor2001
Contributor
Contributor

I received an unauthorized charge on my account the other day for $199.99. It came from Paddle.com and was for some software called CleanMyMac X (which I never purchased). I filed a dispute saying it was an unauthorized charge. It was denied in less than 24 hours stating that it "was not an unauthorized charge." What the heck? It absolutely was unauthorized and now I have no other way of contacting Paypal. I've also contacted the merchants with no luck. Id like to get my $200 back, please! Thanks. 

Login to Me Too
132 REPLIES 132

alexleen
New Community Member

I marked this transaction as unauthorized too before I realized it was a legitimate charge from [Removed]- an awesome tool that I bought.

Login to Me Too

Yezper
New Community Member
I also go an unauthorized payment from paddle.com, it was on 75, 00 UD! I do not even love in the USA, never been there and haven't ordered anything from the internet I months!!! How is this possible!?!! It seams like I am not the only one, PayPal you need to get our money back and also go to the police or something!!!
Login to Me Too

PieterTM

Same problem for me.. random -75,00 USD anyone tips?

Login to Me Too

ReeceBurns
New Community Member

Let me know if this helps you guys.

Paddle seems to be a middle man company for other companies you spend money with. I noticed a payment of £12 to paddle but checked the visa and it was eerily familiar and happened to be mine, so I checked my bank and it had been the time I transferred £12 from my PayPal to my bank which for some reason got transferred using paddle.com. So if you see the payment just have a quick look at your bank activity and check if the money paddle took was transferred into your bank like mine was.

Login to Me Too

GonnSolo
Contributor
Contributor
The same thing happened to me with 2 charges. One of $9.99 and the other one of $12.16 USD. I feel like if Paddle is a known scammer, they should do something about it.
Login to Me Too

dysway
Contributor
Contributor

i have just had a charge from paddle.com today and have immediately told PayPal to cancel it and repay my account.  if they deny this like others on this forum then this is highway robbery.  i have taken the advice of others in this thread and cancelled the payments in the settings so hopefully it won't happen again but i do want my money back

Login to Me Too

MarcusGVA
Contributor
Contributor
Folks, I also panicked when I saw a charge made to Paddle.com earlier this evening, thinking it was a scam. After checking the company and re-tracing purchases on the day of the transaction, I realized that it was an annual subscription for CleanMyMac X, a software tool to keep my Mac up to speed and running smoothly. Paddle apparently manages purchases and subscriptions for various companies. So in my case it was fine, but you may need to double check if you can’t remember having purchased anything on the day of the charge.
Login to Me Too

Sarthakwer
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, Did you get your money back? I was charged $200 and I don't even use my paypal account
Login to Me Too

amjadt
Paddle is a payment company used by online merchants. Go to https://paddle.net/contact and talk to the virtual assistant. Choose Find Transaction Details and answer the questions about the email and amount and it will give you the details of the transaction.
Login to Me Too

seurei
Contributor
Contributor

they cganged me too. and i never bought noTHING. so i think i will delete this paypal and search a better system. because i dont get any invoice they just changed direct, and other problems is people scaming and i never got money in open disput. this system dont work i think paypal work with this guys

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.