Unauthorized Charge made from Paddle.com - Filed a dispute and it was denied??

gpor2001
Contributor
Contributor

I received an unauthorized charge on my account the other day for $199.99. It came from Paddle.com and was for some software called CleanMyMac X (which I never purchased). I filed a dispute saying it was an unauthorized charge. It was denied in less than 24 hours stating that it "was not an unauthorized charge." What the heck? It absolutely was unauthorized and now I have no other way of contacting Paypal. I've also contacted the merchants with no luck. Id like to get my $200 back, please! Thanks. 

Login to Me Too
132 REPLIES 132

BarbJones1
Contributor
Contributor

I have followed the advice in your post Mayengles, as I was charged for an unauthorised payment to <removed> also. I have submitted a request for Paypal to address this, and have also sent an email to the company. I am pleased to now be aware of the 'pre-approved payment' list. This company was on the 'inactive' list as I had used it 12 months ago. I have now sent all 'active' companies bar one to the 'inactive' list. This does not explain why Paypal payed an account from a company on my 'inactive' list???. I do therefore expect this payment to be corrected and my account to reflect this. I await confirmation of the  success of this, and will repost accordingly.

Login to Me Too

tiana00846

Im having this issue as well and when I go to settings there is no payments tab.

Login to Me Too

TaniaRozali
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for this advice. I just removed a bunch in my settings. None of them were allowed to recharge. But yet there they were. Luckily none of them has charged me other than my one order.
Login to Me Too

Suu1

I don't see scammer's mail in that list. Help me pls

Login to Me Too

echo-nightly
Contributor
Contributor

A year later and this is STILL happening to people?! What gives??

You folks 'cancelled' the non existent subscription, and I got that email before you emailed informing me that the dispute was closed without resolution. Funny... as I checked my subscriptions and NEVER saw a record of this '1 month subscription'.

Any explanation for that?

Login to Me Too

bpvalentine
Contributor
Contributor

Hey-o. Paddle takes charges for various web companies. For example, I had your same concern seeing a Paddle charge tonight on my account. I found the $12 charge is from a VPN service I signed up for a year ago. Search your e-mail for Paddle.com and your mail and you may score an explanation. Hope I've been a help!

Login to Me Too

Dahns

Also got $120 stolen from me by Paddle.com, this **bleep** is definitely a scam! And if so much people get scammed for so long and PayPal just say "WeLl ChEcK yOuR sUbCrIpTiOn" like we were dumb enough to forgot a whole website we bought from, then that can only mean PayPal is getting a percent!

I'll see how my request is handled but if I'm denied refund I'm closing my PayPal account. Why use a third party who refuse to protect me ? That's the whole point of a a third party!

Login to Me Too

Kalle045
New Community Member
This just happened to me. I sent a message to PayPal but no response yet. What did you guys do?
Login to Me Too

Lweyrich
Hi, go to settings > automatic payments > then scroll to paddle and remove Paypal as your payment method. This should help. I had the exact same problem. Definetly a scam ‚
Login to Me Too

Tomamelon99
Same has happened to me, this is ridiculous. Why are PayPal not even attempting to help, it’s such a joke
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.