Unauthorized Charge from <removed> San Jose CA

Mrsgaetz3
Contributor
Contributor

Following a iTunes purchase, a charge of $64.46 was withdrawn from my bank account by <removed> San Jose CA. I contacted my bank (that I’ve done business with for 21 years) and they explained this is a PayPal charge and to contact them and wished me luck. I’ve reached out to PayPal three times via phone and also emailed them and they said there is no record of these charges on my account. This is correct. These charges do not appear on my PayPal or iTunes account. But the money was withdrawn TWICE by PayPal from my bank account and appears on my statement.

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

Russg1587
New Community Member
Yes!!!! This is exactly what happened to me. From EBay. I had been searching for hours.
Login to Me Too

Vanhalen_18969
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah these suckers got me to for 40 bucks . They go through PayPal’ I guess , lucky they didn’t empty out my account
Login to Me Too

LAT63

They (whoever they are) made 10 transactions on my account to the total of approximately $400.00.  The transactions don't show up on my PayPal account.  But they do show up on my credit card account, which are then paid.  This issue had better get resolved.  I want to know who the hell is using my account/credit card.

Login to Me Too

triviapoet
New Community Member

We just had one of these hit our checking account as "POINT OF SALE DEBIT PAYPAL *NOVELTYSTRE SAN JOSE CA" in the amount of $33.59. Upon filing the dispute with my bank, I was told that it was a "Pin authorized" transaction, meaning they even got his PIN from somewhere and that it was a recurring charge. So frustrating to have to cancel his card and get a new one. Wondering where they got his info, including PIN. Thanks for this thread! It helped with the dispute!

Login to Me Too

TurtleBean
New Community Member

I noticed the same thing in my bank account, I was a little panicked at first, but when I looked through my statements and correlated them with my e-mails, I believe these charges to be from ebay.
For me they were, but who knows, they may be different for you. All I know is, I wasn't scammed out of anything, and all my money was accounted for.

Login to Me Too

DMontei
Contributor
Contributor

I  just checked my statement and it shows a charge of 100.00PAYPAL PURCH[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]CA SAN JOSE
-100.00  I do not know what it is

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.