Unauthorised transaction denied

TM54
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal denied my claim for an unauthorised transaction on my account for £812 to a fashion company using my name but a shipping address in London.  I immediately contacted my bank who referred me to Paypal - they opened a case and denied the claim saying it wasn't unauthorised.  I've spend countless hours on the phone to them this week to be told finally yesterday that I would be refunded but only to get an email today saying my claim was denied!!! I cannot afford just to have £812 pounds stolen from me.  What are Paypal playing at???   I feel sick to my stomach. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TM54 

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
Freephone from a UK landline or UK mobile number.
OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TM54 

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
Freephone from a UK landline or UK mobile number.
OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

flypaper

Same thing happened to me.  I got the same response. If I authorized the transaction why would I open a claim? 

Login to Me Too

nli07
New Community Member

I cannot find the number for Paypal UK. I had an unauthorised transaction from my account and PayPal has just told me that it wasn't unauthorised. How can they not see if someone with a completely different name and address has used my account, this is ridiculous!! Please advise 

Login to Me Too

Hanne75
New Community Member

I have had the same problem, but luckily only for £12.99. Was it PrettyLittleThing to a lady called Chenelle?

Login to Me Too

Bigfra49
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal denied my unauthorised payments claim from a few days ago. Two payments of £13 and 11 went out that I know nothing about. The shipping address is in London.
Login to Me Too

Bevypab
Contributor
Contributor
I feel for you. I too had a similar situation and they sided with Mercari a scammy marketplace company. My son used my PayPal and bought a damaged Playstation 4 and canceled immediately. The seller insisted he shipped when I know that he didn’t bc it was like 1 mine the later he canceled. I then find out and went into the help and canceled from there and they accepted the canceled order. I then go into my PP and the sale is completed! I sent several texts to pp to resolve this as unauthorized and they did open a case and took Mercaris word that I was still an ongoing customer! They sided with Mercari and now I’m getting an old broken ps4:( and Mercari won’t accept returns unless item isn’t as described. This is so frustrating and you can’t talk to anyone bc of this coronavirus. I’m out $230.00Usd I also reported this to the bbb. Oh and as a courtesy pp gave me Mercaris number that I’ve tried to reach over and over again to know avail. I’m through with pp I’ll use my credit card or Apple Pay.
Login to Me Too

Country_granny
Contributor
Contributor
I just had this happen to me!!! Had my name & hackers address. There was 3 packages & 2 was stopped but 1 was delivered. $1100 from a tool company. I finally got refund from other 2 packages. Since 1 was delivered I reported it to the police & gave address where it was delivered but I haven't heard anything... makes me sick!!! $1100 is a lot of money to loose.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.