Unauthorised transaction claim - is Authorised by PayPal!!! Shocking

Benikula
New Community Member

PayPal denied my claim when I logged an unauthorised transaction claim - there's a transaction on my account that I have no idea what the item is that I supposedly bought. I never made this purchase and I do not authorise it. It went to resolution centre twice and twice PayPal refused to remove this transaction. I now can't open any more claims on this transaction and it is absolutely shocking - so much for PayPal’s so called buyer protection.

I had to contact my credit card and bank and ask for help. I will pursue this as it is a fraud and PayPal is authorising this. I believe this needs to be investigated further as this approach is not keeping a customer secure on PayPal. If this isn't resolved I believe my journey with PayPal is over. I don't have time for this crap. Anyone here with the same experience? Maybe PayPal is going downhill?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Benikula 

A dispute for an unauthorised transaction is telling paypal that your account was hacked and used without your consent to make that transaction.
Paypal would check IP addresses and devices and close the dispute if it was you that made the transaction.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.