Unauthorised transaction- cased made against me?

fethhs001
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, Recently I’d checked my PayPal balance and found it was significantly in the negatives! I was shocked as I was sure I hadn’t done anything. I checked my email and found I’d got multiple from PayPal claiming ‘there’s an issue with a recent transaction’ followed by a case number for at least 10 transactions into my account. After some digging I found it was all from one person suggesting they’d filed a case against me on every single one of their transactions, despite them being authorised by both of us. All has been fixed now but this has left me feeling a little paranoid. What’s stopping someone from opening up a case against me even if the transaction was authorised, resulting in me losing all my money? Is there anyway I can provide evidence it was authorised? Can someone explain to me the procedure that would follow once a case has been opened? Thankyou, any input is appreciated.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Intars

Hi fethhs001,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

I understand disputes and claims are never ideal and can be confusing. Every purchase may be disputed by a buyer. This is a standard risk when accepting payments. However, there are ways you can reduce this risk and protect yourself as a seller.

Here are a few tips:

• Describe your item with as much detail and as precisely as possible.
  • Offer good customer service by answering all questions promptly.
  • Send your item to the postal address of the buyer that is shown on the ‘Transaction Details’ page.
  • Send your item in such a manner that your delivery can be tracked online.
  • Keep all information and documents concerning your sales (e.g. emails or proof of delivery).

Here’s how to respond to a case:

1. Go to www.paypal.com and log in to your account.
  2. From the More drop-down menu at the top of the page, select Resolution Centre.
  3. Click Respond in the ‘Action’ column next to your claim.
  4. Follow the instructions to respond to your claim.

We will try to make a decision within 30 days. We will email you after we complete the investigation. You cal learn more about our Seller and Buyer protection here.

-Intars

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.