Unauthorised payments from Paypal

bambixx
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone had unathorised payments from Virdock B.V. or Jagex Limited.  I had one payments made from my Paypal account to Virdock and one pending authorisation from Jagex which appeared to be for membership of such.  These two are related in the fact that the payment via Virdock was to a company buying virtual gold for Runescape an online fantasy game which was developed and published by Jagex, both stationed in the Netherlands.  Paypal have determined that there was no unauthorised payments and won't refund the amount which is over £100, so proof others have done over will help.  Ta Phil.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

bxbx
Contributor
Contributor

I have 6 pending unauthorized charges from Jagex on 13 Nov 2020 (never heard from them before) and one from ACO Digital Limited (no clue who they are), apparently both are game types companies. The one from ACO Digital Limited I was able to dispute but the other 6 not, probably because they are just pending. Changed password and all other security stuff and hope this does not go further.

Login to Me Too

bambixx
Contributor
Contributor

I initially removed my credit card details, but as soon as I resubmitted them the pending Jagex payments were payed.  It took me aged to get Paypal to recognise the problem and repay me back.  I'll never use Paypal again, to much hassle and to easy to be hacked.

Login to Me Too

jesicaRL

I woke up this morning and found out i have 8 purchases for $769MX each ONE, it´s the same company you mention  Jagex!!!! That´s crazy. I wish somebody would help me, I waiting fot the paymentes to be realased so I can set a dispute. I never made these purchases

Login to Me Too

bambixx
Contributor
Contributor

I certainly won't be using paypal again.  There security system is flawed and trying to get them to sort anything out is a nightmare.  It took me ages and much persistence to get my problem sorted.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jesicaRL 

Firstly ...

Check if you had a subscription set up...
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments''.

Secondly...

if you were hacked......

Click on the transaction in your paypal account and use the 'report a problem' link at the bottom to report it as unauthorised if that is what it was.

An unauthorised transaction means that your Paypal account was hacked and used without your consent.
If Paypal check IP addresses / devices etc and find that it was hacked then yes you should receive your refund.

I hope you changed your password and security questions?
I hope you ran a virus scan on your computer?
I would also be telling my card issuers and bank accounts company that the account was hacked so that they can keep an eye on your account OR remove the financial info involved until things are sorted.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.