cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unauthorised payment

Jazmine152
Contributor

Unauthorised payment

There has been an unauthorised payment on my PayPal account, it was in scheduled payments, although I did not authorised or put it there. Upon searching the Internet regarding company taking the payment,it's clear its a scammer and lots of PayPal users have had this issue. I contact the resolution center and they have come back saying they are not accepting its unauthorised! Why? I'm telling them it was not authorised, the Internet reports support this so who are they to say it wasn't. Its alot of money for me to have taken from my bank account without my authorisation. How can I get this money refunded?
1 REPLY 1
kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor

Re: Unauthorised payment

@Jazmine152 

If it was in the subscription section then it would have been authorised and so paypal paid it for you.

A lot of times what happens is people accept a free trial for a product, like anti virus, and forget to cancel and it auto renews. Be careful what you are accepting.

Check if you had a subscription set up.
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments.''

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.