Unauthorised payment

AIrving
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, Someone logged into my PayPal in the night last night. Transferred £30, or $37.94, with a £1.50 transaction fee. Money was sent to an Austin <removed>, with the note stating &quot;My **bleep**&quot;. I don't know this person, did not authorise the payment. I only opened an account on PayPal 6 days ago. I registered the issue via the resolution centre. The response PayPal have sent me is that: &quot;We've completed our review of your unauthorised activity case, and we’ve determined there was no unauthorised use&quot;. I'm not sure what my next steps should be now? I started a chat with someone via the PayPal website but after some generic responses I haven't heard anything else. It's been six hours since that happened. Any help appreciated!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

AIrving
Contributor
Contributor
Hello. To update PayPal have closed my dispute and said there was no unauthorised access when there quite clearly has been unauthorised access from.another country. I have reported the matter to my bank and they are investigating. PayPal message system keeps closing my message threads without resolving this. Any help from anyone would be appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.