Unauthorised payment

JR1973
New Community Member
My friend who doesn't have a PayPal account has had a payment taken from her bank account. Is there a way I/She can find out who the payment was made to and who by?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JR1973 

If she bought something online with a debit or credit card and did NOT log into your Paypal account then of course it won't show on that Paypal account because they bought as a 'guest buyer'.
However the seller may have processed that payment using their Paypal 'card reader' and so Paypal would show on their bank or card statement.

If that is not the case then contact customer services AND your card issuer to query the transactions.

If she needs to open a dispute for a 'guest buyer' transaction then she can.......
1. Phone Paypal customer services and see if they will open one for you OR
2. Contact your card issuer for a chargeback.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JR1973 

If she bought something online with a debit or credit card and did NOT log into your Paypal account then of course it won't show on that Paypal account because they bought as a 'guest buyer'.
However the seller may have processed that payment using their Paypal 'card reader' and so Paypal would show on their bank or card statement.

If that is not the case then contact customer services AND your card issuer to query the transactions.

If she needs to open a dispute for a 'guest buyer' transaction then she can.......
1. Phone Paypal customer services and see if they will open one for you OR
2. Contact your card issuer for a chargeback.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.